[pdftex] (fwd) pdftex bug in hyperlinks across page boundaries and footnotes

Hilmar Preusse hille42 at web.de
Tue Aug 3 12:05:10 CEST 2004

On 03.08.04 Hans Hagen (pragma at wxs.nl) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> > On 02.08.04 Heiko Oberdiek (oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de) wrote:

Hi all,

> >> This is the missing color stack problem. Current solution:
> >>
> >> \usepackage{color}
> >> \usepackage{pdfcolmk}
> >>
> > So, I guess this is still an open bug (or rather missing feature
> > of pdfTeX) and your pdfcolmk is just a work around. No I don't
> > ask, whether there will be a real solution[TM] RSN.
> >
> given pdf's color models a built-in simple color stack is not that
> useful since much macro control is needed; (so a generic stack
> model would make more sense, a kind of more powerfull marks
> mechanism, but that's more tex than pdf); why don't you
> automatically load pdfcolmk in color?

What does that mean: Should I file a wishlist bug against the
graphics package? When looking at the limitations of pdfcolmk.sty I
don't think it is a good idea to load it in general as it won't work
with LaTeX.

I'd rather have it documented at an prominent place. That could be
done in the hyperref manual (I've checked 6.74m).

<start>
3.8 Notes on pdf\TeX\ and colored hyper links

When using colored hyper links with pdf\TeX\ it may happen, that some
parts are colored, which are not expected to be and vice versa. For
example have a look at
\href{http://bugs.debian.org/95086}{\texttt{http://bugs.debian.org/95086}}.
This is due to a missing color stack in pdfTeX. To work around this
you may load the packages \texttt{color.sty} and
\texttt{pdfcolmk.sty} in that order. That status of pdfcolmk is
experimental. Please have a look at pdfcolmk.sty for further
documentation.
</start>

Regards,