[pdftex] (fwd) pdftex bug in hyperlinks across page boundaries and footnotes

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 3 09:04:20 CEST 2004

Hilmar Preusse wrote:

>On 02.08.04 Heiko Oberdiek (oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de) wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:46:05AM +0200, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
>>

>Hello Heiko,
>

>>>\documentclass[a5paper]{article}
>>>\usepackage[colorlinks]{hyperref}
>>>\begin{document}
>>>abc\footnote{def}\hyperlink{ghi}{jkl\newpage mno}
>>>\vskip 30ex
>>>\hypertarget{ghi}{pqrs}
>>>\end{document}
>>>

>>This is the missing color stack problem.
>>Current solution:
>>
>>\usepackage{color}
>>\usepackage{pdfcolmk}
>>

>So, I guess this is still an open bug (or rather missing feature of
>pdfTeX) and your pdfcolmk is just a work around. No I don't ask,
>whether there will be a real solution[TM] RSN.

given pdf's color models a built-in simple color stack is not that useful since much macro control is needed; (so a generic stack model would make more sense, a kind of more powerfull marks mechanism, but that's more tex than pdf); why don't you automatically load pdfcolmk in color?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE