[pdftex] ExtGState and color

pawcoo jackos1 at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Aug 1 16:23:32 CEST 2004

Hello,

I want to set some graphic state parameters for the whole document using
generic pdfTeX definitions. Of course \pdfliteral{<gs params>} works for
current page only since the graphic state is reset for each page of the
document. So I've defined ExtGState dictionary:

\immediate\pdfobj{%
<<
  /Type /ExtGState
  /LW 15
  /LC 1
  /OP true
  /OPM 1

}

\edef\pageresources{%
  \global\pdfpageresources{%
   /ExtGState << /myGS \the\pdflastobj\space 0 R >>
  }%
}

\pageresources

\pdfliteral{%
  /myGS gs
  .1 .2 .3 .4 k
  0 0 0 1 K
  0 0 100 -100 re
  0 0 m
  100 -100 l S
}

It works fine (shape of strokes and overprint) but what about current
color? There are parameters which set a colorspace but I haven't found
ExtGState parameter which describes current color. Is there any?

In the example above, to invoke defined ExtGState parameters I have to
use \pdfliteral anyway. It means that to set a graphic state for the
whole document I need to repeat \pdfliteral{/myGS gs ...} for each page
in the output routine. Is there any other way to set global graphic
state parameters for the whole document including current color?

Thanks for any hints!

Pawel