[pdftex] PSUtils equivalent for pdftex output.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Apr 13 22:17:57 CEST 2004

In times past I used EPS files and plain TeX to make up
music booklets. Now I am trying to change  to using png
files and pdftex.

 But I am caught in a dilemma. If I say \pdfoutput =1 then
the very useful PSUtils such as psbook and psselect won't
work, because the output is in pdf form of course.

If I say \pdfoutput=-1 then the output is dvi but I cannot
include png graphics.

If there were a set of pdf utilities similar to PSutils then
my problem would be solved.  But the name pdfutils has been
used to designate a simple text to pdf convertor.

The process of creating a pdf file, then converting it back
to ps for further manipulation seems a bit clumsy. but
right now that is the only game in town.

Does anyone know of pdf equivalents for psbook and psselect?

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers