[pdftex] pageduration/hyperref vs. foiltex

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 24 18:54:19 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 03:33:52PM +0200, Steffen Neumann wrote:

> 	\RequirePackage{hyperref}
> 	\ProcessOptions\relax
> 	\LoadClass{foils}
>
> the \Dur is not written to the PDF output.
> Playing around, I placed hyperref after the \LoadClass{}
> or even into the *.tex document and things work.

Where is the problem? The normal loading order in LaTeX is:
1. class
2. packages

There are some packages that can be loaded before the class,
but there is no garantee that this can be done for any package.
  Package hyperref, however, is definitively a class that
must not be loaded earlier. It has to look for the class
(\@ifclassloaded, \@classoptionlist, ...) and has to
(re)define internals that depends on the class.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>