[pdftex] using LaTex within pdf annotation content

Elisabeth Baker Elisabeth.Baker at aplac.com
Wed Sep 10 18:09:08 CEST 2003

Greetings!

Inspired by the faq done with faq.cls and faq.sty, I am now experimenting
with pulling some of my own more tedious reference content out *into*
clickable pdf annotations, to reduce the size of the volumes and make them
flow more accessibly.

Still, however tedious some of the content might be, it still requires LaTeX
to appear correctly (math expressions, etc.)  Is it possible to use LaTeX
within the text of an annotation?  How?

My current macro is like this:
\side{type}{label}{brief descriptive title}{more extended content}

The T part of the annotation shows "type label: brief descriptive title"
while the Content part shows "brief descriptive title[appropriate
punctuation, hopefully a line break as well] more extended content"

Best regards,
Elisabeth
Elisabeth G. Baker, Manager
Publications & Technical Documentation
APLAC Solutions Corp.
Lars Sonckin kaari 16, P.O. Box 284, 02600 Espoo, Finland

email:	elisabeth.baker at aplac.com
tel:   	+358 40 513 7074
fax:	+358 9 540 450 40

The Freedom To Do Things Right. www.aplac.com