[pdftex] launching programs...

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue Sep 9 09:39:42 CEST 2003

Le vendredi 5 septembre 2003 à 17:31:06, G. Brettschneider écrivit :

GDB> Thierry Bouche wrote:

>>   (...) I could prefer to send a command to execute to the system directly
>>   (xemacs file.tex, e.g., assuming command is on the system path) and I
>>   would like to have such a feature as much OS-independant as possible (...)
>>
GDB> In case you're talking about launching programs during *runtime* of the
GDB> pdftex engine, set

no, I'm refering to how put the right code in a PDF using pdftex so that
I can launch a program by clicking somewhere in the PDF.

A typical useful example asked by colleagues is: if you have slides for
a maths course, you may want to open maple to do something at some
point.

Of course it would be nice if it could be as much system independant sa
possible. Under windows, using Launch and just opening a file will
launch the associated program; apparently, this scheme won't work under
linux (mime-types not used?).

Just asking for hints about this kind of things (I noticed that most
pdftex gurus will just get out of acrobat and do things in a command
window on their computer when doing a congress presentation, just
wondering whether there are ways to do something more elegant).

 Thierry Bouche