[pdftex] pdftricks & slides font issue

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 13 12:31:35 CEST 2003

I'm hoping that someone has a work-around for this problem:

I want to use
    \documentclass[landscape]{slides}
with pdflatex & pdftricks.  However, when I use the slides class, the
fonts in the pstricks graphic are still the article-class fonts, not
the fonts for slides.  I had a workaround for an earlier version of
pdftricks, but I'm having problems adapting it to the current version.

Details:

I'm using pdftricks 1.16
$Id: pdftricks.sty,v 1.16 2003/08/10 04:29:20 cvr Exp cvr $
<http://sarovar.org/projects/pdftricks/>
and ps2eps from
<http://www.telematik.informatik.uni-karlsruhe.de/~bless/ps2eps.html>

My old workarund was to add this before \begin{document}

\def\BeforeIncludedStream % workaound for bug in pdftricks with slides
    {\stepcounter{psfig}\xdef\PDFCutFile{\PDFTfigname.tex}%
     \message{Opening PDFStream=\PDFCutFile}%
     \immediate\openout\PDFStream=\PDFCutFile
     \immediate\write\PDFStream{\string\documentclass{slides}}
     \immediate\write\PDFStream{\string\input\space tmp.inputs}
     \immediate\write\PDFStream{\string\pagestyle{empty}}
     \immediate\write\PDFStream{\string\usepackage{amssymb,amsbsy}}
     \immediate\write\PDFStream{\string\begin{document}}
     \let\ThisStream\WriteStreamLine}

this doesn't work anymore because \BeforeIncludedStream is not defined
in pdftricks.sty.  Apparently more has changed than the name of the
definition, because I can't seem to adapt the above to the new
pdftricks.sty.

I've asked for help about this at
<http://sarovar.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=221>
and in a bug report:
<http://sarovar.org/tracker/
index.php?func=detail&aid=21&group_id=9&atid=117>

In the example, below, look at the text "My own text!" and you'll
see the font difference.

\documentclass[landscape]{slides}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{pdftricks}

% originally from
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/supported/
pdftricks/test.pdf

\begin{psinputs}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{pst-plot}
\end{psinputs}

\begin{document}

My own Text!

\begin{pdfpic}
\definecolor{lightblue}{rgb}{0,0,.5}
\definecolor{Navy}{rgb}{0,0,0.5}
\definecolor{LemonChiffon}{rgb}{1,0.98,0.8}
\definecolor{ForestGreen}{rgb}{0.13,0.55,0.13}
\SpecialCoor
\begin{pspicture}(-6,-6)(6,6)
\rput(0,0.5){My own text!}
\psaxes{<->}(0,0)(-6,-6)(6,6)
\psset{arrows=->}
\multido{\ia=-5+1}{11}{%
\multido{\ib=-5+1}{11}{%
\pstVerb{/x \ia\space def
/y \ib\space def
y 0 eq
{/ValueTempA 0 def
/ValueTempB 0.5 def}
{/ValueTempZ 2 1 x x mul y y mul div add sqrt mul def
/ValueTempA 1 ValueTempZ div def
/ValueTempB x y ValueTempZ mul div def}
ifelse}
\psline(! x ValueTempA sub y ValueTempB sub)
(! x ValueTempA add y ValueTempB add)}}
\end{pspicture}
\end{pdfpic}

\end{document}