[pdftex] colors and pdflatex

Paulo Ney de Souza desouza at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Nov 28 00:49:58 CET 2003

    >From robin.fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk  Thu Nov 27 15:33:48 2003
    >To: Paulo Ney de Souza <desouza at Math.Berkeley.EDU>
    >cc: thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr, pdftex at tug.org
    >Subject: Re: [pdftex] colors and pdflatex
    >From: Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>
    >
    >paulo ney writes:
    >
    >> The bahaviour under "pdfelatex" is EXACTLY the same as under "pdflatex".
    >
    >no surprise there, then.  however, thierry said:
    >
    >> >have you already tried to compile with pdfelatex and pdfcolmk ?
	>
    >so, did you use the pdfcolmk package too?

I just corrected myself a few minutes ago ... and after finding out that
"pdfcolmk" is indeed a package to be used in conjunction with "color"
and with the executable "pdfelatex"... all worked fine.

    >(is this issue really not in the pdftex faq? -- if not, i'll cook up
    >an answer for the uk tex faq...)

PDFTeX FAQ ??? I did not know such a thing existed! I tried to look for
it last night and all I could find on Google was "PdfTeX entries in the
UK-TEX-FAQ"  and that did not contain anything about this problem.

The main PDFTeX page at TUG also does not mention any FAQ ... can you
point me to it ?

Paulo Ney de Souza