[pdftex] pdflatex, babel[hungarian] and hyperref

franciszek holop fred at pentacom.sk
Wed Nov 19 12:11:19 CET 2003

hello again,

hmm, Morten H?gholm said that
> \usepackage[magyar,english]{babel}
>
> \newcommand*{\SelectMagyar}{%
>  \hyphenrules{magyar}%
>  \languageshorthands{magyar}%
>  \captionsmagyar
>  \datemagyar
> }
> \AtBeginDocument{\SelectMagyar}

this works very well.

also i upgraded all my packages and downloaded memoir,
(which impressed me beyond recognition) but without the
fix above none of these helped.  with my limited knowledge
i have made a simple test: two uncompressed pdf's, one correct
one corrupt.  for some reason in the corrupt one the links all
point to the first chapter (what is the asterisk?):

%PDF-1.4
5 0 obj
<< /S /GoTo /D (chapter*.1) >>
endobj
8 0 obj
(one)
endobj
9 0 obj
<< /S /GoTo /D (chapter*.1) >>
endobj
11 0 obj
(two)
endobj
12 0 obj
<< /S /GoTo /D (chapter*.1) >>
endobj
14 0 obj
(three)
endobj
15 0 obj
<< /S /GoTo /D (chapter*.1) >>
endobj
17 0 obj
(four)
endobj

while in the correct version i see this:

%PDF-1.4
5 0 obj
<< /S /GoTo /D (chapter.1) >>
endobj
8 0 obj
(one)
endobj
9 0 obj
<< /S /GoTo /D (chapter.2) >>
endobj
12 0 obj
(two)
endobj
13 0 obj
<< /S /GoTo /D (chapter.3) >>
endobj
16 0 obj
(three)
endobj
17 0 obj
<< /S /GoTo /D (chapter.4) >>
endobj
20 0 obj
(four)
endobj

if this is the babel packages' fault,
shouldn't somebody inform them?  is this a known bug?
and finally, is it trivial to fix, or is it a bad one?

-f
--
honk if you love peace and quiet.