[pdftex] Re: problems w/pdflatex and hyperref in the book class

Morten Høgholm moho01ab at student.cbs.dk
Tue Nov 18 11:03:30 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:51:56 +0100, Morten Høgholm <moho01ab-
oe7qfRrRQffBevcaDvLU1w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Sounds like an upgrade is coming your way...

While an upgrade couldn't hurt, I'm still a jerk for not reading your post
properly and testing the document I compiled. As Peter Wilson correctly
found out it's the magyar support in babel that causes a lot of problems. I
suggest this fix:

\usepackage[magyar,english]{babel}

\newcommand*{\SelectMagyar}{%
  \hyphenrules{magyar}%
  \languageshorthands{magyar}%
  \captionsmagyar
  \datemagyar
}
\AtBeginDocument{\SelectMagyar}

So instead of \selectlanguage{magyar} choose \SelectMagyar. As the
Hungarian style is very different from the standard classes you might want
to have a look at some of the configurable document classes such as memoir
or the ones in the koma-script bundle.
--
Morten Høgholm