[pdftex] [Slightly OT] Antialiasing of MP graphics in pdflatex

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Sat Nov 15 01:20:44 CET 2003

I suppose this is not really a pdflatex question, but I would also
assume that the people on this list are among those most likely to
have encountered similar problems, so...

I'm making a presentation with pdflatex, ppower4 and metapost. It
works well, but somehow it seems that I can only get fully antialiased
line art on some machines. Now, this is a quirk of Acrobat Reader, I'm
sure, but maybe someone knows how to make it more predictable? I'm
using Acrobat 5 at home (where it works) and 6 at work (where it
doesn't seem to work).

I have checked off "smooth line art" in both versions; I would have
thought that would fix it... Could there be an issue with the
antialiasing settings in Windows? (Those should only affect the system
fonts, but still -- who knows...)

Any ideas?

Again, sorry for being a bit off topic.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                "In this house we obey the laws of
http://hetland.org                 thermodynamics!"    Homer Simpson