[pdftex] newbie fontexpand help

Giovanni Biczo gbiczo at freestart.hu
Fri Nov 14 11:43:47 CET 2003

Hi all

I'm new to this list.
After succesfully protrude chars, following Thanh's instructions, I tried to
expand chars. I made the required tfm's, but when using
\pdfadjustspacing =2, then "pdfTeX error (arithmethic): number too big".
When using dvips (pdfoutput=0), then dvips complained about not finding the
required fonts, because the corresponding .vf's were not installed.

So I tried to expand the fonts with fontinst: made a huge fontinst file, ran
it etc etc.
Now pdflatex cries:
TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [max level recursion=10]
dvips says:
Virtual recursion stack overflow
Heeelp!

Thanks in advance