[pdftex] \pdfmapfile -- test if the mapfile could be found?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Nov 6 18:42:20 CET 2003

At 00:59 05/11/2003, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
>On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > ...(actually dups should overload previous ones)
>
>Currently one adds a mapfile by "map myfonts.map" for fresh create, or
>"map +myfonts.map" for append. It seems that a change in config.c should
>be possible to allow also "map -myfonts.map", in which case myfonts.map
>would be read in _before_ other map files, so in effect it would
>overload them. Would this help?

sounds ok to me although we can run into ptoblems when map files can be
read after the first page (currently pdftex does not permit that which is
painful because it complicates mid document font changes)

so, next to -name we also need =name meaning 'load now and overload
previous entries unless the font is already used'

Hans