[pdftex] Hyperref: problems linking to index generated with addcontentsline

Benjamin Deutsch Benjamin.Deutsch at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri May 30 16:34:52 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm having trouble linking from the toc to my index section. I include the
index as follows:

\usepackage{makeidx}
\usepackage[<options>]{hyperref}
\makeindex
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Inhaltsverzeichnis}  % Yes, german...
\tableofcontents
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Index}
\printindex

However, when I test the link from the toc to the index, the link's target
seems to be the page just before that. The link from the toc to the toc
appears to work fine (I have not tested this thoroughly).

I do get the following hyperref warning:

Package hyperref Warning: No destination for bookmark of \addcontentsline,
(hyperref)                destination is added on input line ###.

...where "line ###" is the FIRST addcontentsline. Luckily, that's at the
beginning of the document anyway.

What am I doing wrong? Or rather, how can I achieve the correct result,
that the "Index" link in the toc points to the first page of the index?

Thanks,

  Benjamin Deutsch