[pdftex] Tagged PDF

Martin Schroeder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu May 29 01:17:46 CEST 2003

On 2003-05-28 16:13:36 -0500, Shawn Harrison wrote:
> I'm interested in your thoughts about that, or whether any work is underway
> to do it, or how difficult you think it would be to implement it.

AFAIK noone is working on making pdfTeX producing tagged PDF,
although it would surely be usefull. Producing it would need
support from the macro level (probably through \specials) and
some reworking on the production of content streams in pdfTeX.

Tagged PDF basicly works by inserting special operators and some
structure definitions into the content stream.

Best regards
    Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, MS at ArtCom-GmbH.DE
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany