[pdftex] Tagged PDF

Shawn Harrison harrison at tbc.net
Wed May 28 17:13:36 CEST 2003

Hi, I'm a new subscriber to the list, but I've been using TeX and pdfTeX on
and off for about four years (actually, a new re-subscriber, since I was on
the list for awhile about four years ago).

I'm curious to know, has anything been done to support tagged PDF? I
searched the archive and found a few notes about it from a couple of years
ago, but nothing recent or definitive. It becomes an interesting feature,
since Acrobat Reader 6.0 is now going to support sending PDFs to a PalmOS
device, but to read them there would require text reflow via tagged PDF.

I'm interested in your thoughts about that, or whether any work is underway
to do it, or how difficult you think it would be to implement it.