[pdftex] pdftex 1.10b: Incorrect (bounding boxes) inclusion of pdf-pictures.

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Fri May 23 19:34:45 CEST 2003

Stas Fomin wrote:

>       pdftex 1.10b (pdflatex) from miktex 2.3 incorrectly includes pdf-
>       pictures into pdf (problems with bounding boxes).

I think that somegraph.pdf is not a legal PDF. According to the
PDF Reference a cropbox has to be specified in a page object and
not in the page tree node as somegraph.pdf does it. Thats why
the mediabox of the page object (which has letter format) is
used. If I move the cropbox from the page tree node to the page
object, pdftex uses the cropbox as you expected, since the cropbox
has precedence of the mediabox.

I will mail you the corrected somegraph.pdf by PM.

Ciao
Andreas