[pdftex] pdflatex compile option?

Kay kangkang at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu May 15 13:56:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

I couldn't find out how to use mkfntmap.exe. I tried to run it, but no help
message no output....But I did find a updmap.cfg file, and I changed
pdftexDownloadBase14 false
pdftexDownloadBase14 true

then I run initexmf --mkmaps to update psfonts.map

then I pdflatex again, the output pdf file is even a little smaller than my
previous one. And the fonts look thicker(and I think it's uglier) than the
oritinal ones. So anyone can tell me if I did things right? How can I check
if the fonts are properly embedded?

thanks,
-Kay