[pdftex] otf fonts in pdftex

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Thu May 15 18:18:25 CEST 2003

Le mercredi, 14 mai 2003, à 18:47 Europe/Paris, The Thanh Han a écrit :

> otf font support in pdftex is a quick hack: it doesn't allow font
> subsetting and reencoding. In other words, you cannot do much with it :

what do you mean by "doesn't allow font reencoding.

I made a 8r encoded tfm with fontinst, and I use

W-P-8r   <<WarnockPro-Regular.otf 8r.enc

it works !

I even try to make a 8rsmallcaps.enc file, (a -> Asmall etc.) and it
seems to work. Of course now I need a 8r.etx file for fontinst in order
to get the good metrics.

--
Michel Bovani