[pdftex] jpeg vs pdf (was: Speeding up PDFLaTeX by skipping file inclusion)

Martin Schroeder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu May 15 11:57:11 CEST 2003

On 2003-05-15 04:40:22 +0200, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> And you could convert all your jpg files to pdf because this
> speeds up the pdflatex run significantly.  Otherwise pdftex has to do
> the jpg -> pdf conversion.

I haven't timed jpeg vs. pdf, but I don't think jpeg is much
slower than pdf, since the jpeg inclusion shouldn't do much more
than wrapping the jpeg in pdf (i.e. not interpret the jpeg). But
I could be wrong.

Best regards
        Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, MS at ArtCom-GmbH.DE
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany