[pdftex] a little bit OT: acrobat reader

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat May 3 19:25:24 CEST 2003

Someone has I believe been messing about with the Accessibility settings,
which are designed for those with sight defects.  On the same preferences
screen, set the following drop-down list (Color Scheme:) to its default
value (Use colors specified in documents) when the first list is
greyed-out.

Far from being an annoying feature of AR, this is a lifeline to those with
vision problems.  At least AR offers you the choice.  (I don't have
sight problems, but I work with people who do.)

On Sat, 3 May 2003, franciszek holop wrote:

> hello list,
>
> i little bit offtopic but still...
>
> acrobat reader 5 (win) seems to disable any color i put in my documents
> unless the "adjust display of colors" is set to "when document
> doesn't specify colors" which is quite annoying.  gv and ghostscript
> are of course ok.

I didn't think gv ran on Windows, and on Linux/Unix it is a wrapper for
ghostscript anyway.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk