[pdftex] Fonts

Arun Kejariwal arun_kejariwal at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 21:38:54 CEST 2003

Hi,
   Could someone let me know how to let pdflatex know to pick up fonts files
(like .vf .tfm etc) from a local directory, as I do not have admin
permission to insatll them in usr/local/... .Also, are .vf, .vpl, .tfm files
sufficent to use a new font or some other files like .sty are also required.
If yes, from where could I download those?

  Secondly, does pdflatex provide options to set the security options of
acrobat like disable copy, printing just like one can specify author name
and others of Document Settings etc.

Thanks,
Arun