[pdftex] \pdfobj extended [was: Forward looking object references]

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 28 09:48:50 CET 2003

I was thinking of it -- unfortunately it doesn't seem possible, as in
order to use \pdfrefxform, the contents of the form must be known so
pdftex can calculate how much space the form takes.

It might be done using some tricks with primitives related pdfobj and
pdfxform -- I am not sure but one can give a try. It ot course requires
that you know pretty well how pdf works. Heiko, Hans or Martin can
certainly say more about this.

Theoretically it would be possible to make \pdfxform and \pdfximage work
this way (given that when using with useobjnum, the form/image
dimensions must be given). But what it would be good for? If there is a
really good reason for doing it I will give another try ;)

Thanh