[pdftex] Color Package

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at ms25.ath.cx
Tue Mar 25 04:57:14 CET 2003

    > Hi, Even when I include the color package
    > (\usepackage[pdftex,usenames]{color}), pdflatex does not
    > recognise colors like Violet, CadetBlue etc. Actually, I was
    > trying to use Violet in the \hypersetup{ ...}. Whereas it works
    > fine with latex. Could some one suggest me how to get around
    > this?

If you want to use those colors in the text it is sufficient to put
the line

\input{dvipsnam.def}

to the preamble of your document.

If you use it with \hypersetup it probably doesn't work.  I do not
know which variable you want to set with \hypersetup, some of them
require RGB colors rather than CMYK colors and the format might be
different.

Look at the hyperref documentation for details.

Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			             Phone: +49-511-27060390
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover	                         mailto:reinhard at ms25.ath.cx