[pdftex] Optical alignment.

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 22 16:20:10 CET 2003

> John Culleton wrote:
> > On Friday 21 March 2003 06:16 am, Thierry Bouche wrote:
> > > Le vendredi 21 mars 2003 à 00:08:05, John Culleton écrivit :
>
> [...]
>
> > > yes, you need to upgrade your protcode.tex. The one you use
> > > probably uses per mil of char width as unit, and the new one per
> > > mil of em. That makes a difference...
> > >

> > > Th. B.
> >
> > Thanks. Searching CTAN I located only one version of protcode.tex
> > listed under obsolete/systems/pdftex/ext. That version is identical
> > with what I have. Can you suggest a source for the newer version?
>
> There is no newer version if protcode.tex than the one on CTAN. It
> doesn't recognize pdfTeX versions from 1.0 on due to wrongly nested
> \ifnum statements. I have posted a fix in the following message to this
> list:
>
> <http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/pdftex/2001-August/001475.html>

i was told that there was nothing worth keeping in systems/pdftex,
which is why i moved the whole thing to obsolete/

i note that tetex, at least, doesn't carry protcode.tex (does
miktex?), so in effect protcode.tex can be regarded as "not
represented on ctan".  anyone got any suggestions as to where we
should put felix's mended version, to represent a "current copy"?

robin