[pdftex] mathpple-a-like for ConTeXt?

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Tue Mar 18 14:13:23 CET 2003

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>:

> At 05:31 PM 2/20/2003 +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> >Is there something like mathpple ("fake" math font setup with
> >Palatino) for ConTeXt?
>
> if you have tex live installed, you have real palatino math:
>
> \usetypescript[berry][ec]
> \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino]
>
> so, why go for some fake?

Now I've (at last) gotten a relatively recent version of ConTeXt (3.1)
to work (yay!), but can't get the above to function. However -- I
suspect that this is due to partial font installation in the default
install mechanism I'm using (in Gentoo linux). The error message I get
is:

! Font \*palatino12ptrmtf*:=uplr8t at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric
(TFM) file not found.

The only files I have containing the substring uplr are:

/usr/share/texmf/fonts/afm/urw/palatino/uplr8a.afm
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/afm/urw/palatino/uplri8a.afm
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/urw/palatino/uplr8a.pfb
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/urw/palatino/uplri8a.pfb

Can the tfm file be generated from these using texfont, or is uplr8t
something completely different from uplr8a (as might seem to be the
case)? In that case, is the uplr8t files (and related files) available
somewhere?

(I'm using teTeX 2.0.)

Thanks,

- M

--
Magnus Lie Hetland               "Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist."
http://hetland.org                                   -- Indiana Jones