[pdftex] included pdfimage has red colour?

Kester Clegg kester at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 16:29:36 CET 2003

"Nelson H. F. Beebe" <beebe at math.utah.edu> writes:

> Indeed.  The pdflatex run that I reported to you was on Sun Solaris.
> I've just repeated it on GNU/Linux Red Hat 7.2, and once again, got
> the correct white background.  On that system, TeX reports
>
> >> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211 (Web2C 7.3.7x)
>
> while you have
>
> >> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)
>
> That appears to be quite a bit older than mine from the TeXLive 7 CD ROM.
> Do you have a newer version of pdflatex available?
>
> If not, try grabbing this file:
>
> 	http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/.secret/bin.tar.gz
>
> which I made by
>
> 	cd /usr/local/share/lib/tex/texlive
> 	tar cfz ~/public_html/.secret/bin.tar.gz bin/i386-linux
>
> and see whether you can run that version.  [The .tar.gz file is 4.8MB.]
> This may not work, because of incompatible libraries or dumped format
> files.

You've cracked it Nelson!  Emacs is running that older version from
/usr/bin, which I mistakenly assumed our sys admin had updated to match
his texlive installation.  My commandline runs the texlive version, and
that version works fine.

Thanks for that.  :-)

Kester Clegg				Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)		University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49			email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk