[pdftex] win32 static binaries

Rolf Dieterich Rolf.Dieterich at gmx.de
Mon Mar 17 10:39:58 CET 2003

> I have uploaded a new set of static binaries for win32, hopefully fixing
> the missing pool files in pdfetex; Everything in:
> ftp://ftp.dande.de/pub/standalone/
>
> --
> Fabrice Popineau

Hi Fabrice,

so far I couldn't test your March 1st static binaries (as reported, dumping
with the original pool files from http://www.pdftex.org didn't work).

So what does "static" exactly mean in this context? Everything you need
already included (kpathsea and so on), no additional DLLs from the bin\win32
directory needed?

Regarding your newest non-static binaries (as of February 2003): Will the
DLL file names be tl8*.dll in the future or only for the coming TeXLive 8
distribution? Will your DLL naming conventions in TeXLive/Win32 be different from
those in fptex? What's the reason for changing the DLL file names -
capability of "side-by-side installations" (e.g. support for older versions like
pdftex <1.10 with encryption)?

Rolf