[pdftex] PassiveTeX

Rolf Dieterich Rolf.Dieterich at gmx.de
Mon Mar 17 10:36:56 CET 2003

> you misunderstand. there is no code generator or converter. TeX reads
> the XSL FO XML file directly.

Yes, that was my problem. I read a small description of PassiveTeX somewhere
on the internet. It said that to use this FO processor you need a relatively
new TeX distro and there would be certain (LaTeX) package dependencies. From
this I mistakenly gathered that PassiveTeX would produce some kind of
(La)TeX output.

Are there any XSL-FO to TeX/LaTeX/ConTeXt text converters on CTAN or would
that be a challenging opportunity to contribute something new to the TeX
community? The only way I know of would be a Windows-only solution based on two
commercial tools with RTF/Word as an intermediate format
(http://www.word2tex.com/ and http://www.schema.de/sitehtml/site-e/products.htm).

rd