[pdftex] Adobe Illustrator and pdflatex

Hans Åkermark hans.akermark at avionics.saab.se
Mon Mar 10 17:58:40 CET 2003

I make quite a few presentations using Adobe Illustrator. Recently, I have
reverted to bad habits and started using LaTeX (instead of Word which is
company standard) to format reports that contain more than a few simple
equations. My problem is when I would like to include these equations into
Illustrator for presentations.

Generating pdf-files using pdftex (running under MikTeX) results in a
pdf-file that looks good in Acrobat Reader but not so nice in Illustrator.
The program complains that "Missing Type 1 fonts have been substituted"
(\usepackage{times} is in my preamble) and "... contains PDF objects that
have been reinterpreted", and the appearance is garbled.

Any suggestions?

Hans Åkermark