[pdftex] [Out of scope] accessing 256+ chars in truetype in pdf

Jean-Christophe Dubacq jean-christophe.dubacq at ens-lyon.org
Wed Mar 5 10:53:43 CET 2003

Hello,

I ask the question here since I know of no other places that could help
me. I am trying to understand how to embed truetype fonts in a pdf file
(that I generate by hand). I succeeded, but my font holds more than
256 chars. Does anyone know if it is possible to access chars not in the
WinAnsiEncoding (or MacRomanEncoding) charset ? I tried to define
a Differences array to include /aogonek in the ruleset, and xpdf uses
this fine, but acrobat reader doesn't. So maybe I am out of luck, and
there is no well known way.

If anybody can help, I would be very grateful. I can always convert all
my Truetype fonts to Type1 anyway, and there do on-the-fly reencoding.

--
JCD