Bug: Invalid encoding object reference (was: [pdftex] pdftex 1.10a: Linux vs Solaris)

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 13 21:19:20 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 08:13:26PM +0200, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 10:59:29AM -0400, Igor Khomyakov wrote:
>
> > Heiko, please download the files at:
> >
> > http://awaresw.com/download/pdftex/test_solaris.pdf
> > http://awaresw.com/download/pdftex/test_linux.pdf
> >
> > These files have several differences ... what I meant was that it is not
> > just the difference in creation date field.

I wanted to inspect to see the encoding vector for a not subsetted
font and changed the line for cmr10 in psfonts.map to
  cmr10 CMR10 <<cmr10.pfb

Test file:

\pdfcompresslevel=0
hello
\bye

The result:
6 0 obj <<
/Type /Font
/Subtype /Type1
/Encoding 8 0 R
>> endobj
xref
0 12
0000000008 65535 f
0000000252 00000 n
0000000141 00000 n
0000000009 00000 n
0000027188 00000 n
0000000319 00000 n
0000027042 00000 n
0000027515 00000 n
0000000000 00000 f

==> Indirect object 8 0 does not exist, but it is referenced.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>