[pdftex] Re: (fwd) dvips/pdftex: font / buffer overflow

Kester Clegg kester at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel at gmx.de> writes:

> One has to admit, that this chrimbobat font (legally) stretches the idea
> of a `font' to its limits. It would better be an assortment of .eps
> files. But still it has a letter (m) made by Erik Spiekermann, so it got
> its blessings from a top-notch typographer :-)
>
> If one increases this parameter T1_BUF_SIZE to 16384, it might work
> well---maybe until christmas '03...

I renamed the CHRIMBOB.TTF to chrimbob.ttf, and ran my script on it:

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~kester/scripts/ttfont4pdftex

and it loaded up a pdf with all the fonts just fine:

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~kester/scripts/testchrimbob.pdf

so it works for pdftex, at least.

Kester Clegg				Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)		University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49			email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk