[pdftex] possible metapost inclusion bug

Steffen Neumann sneumann at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

Klaus Guntermann <guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Patrick Riley writes:
[...]
>  >   file), some of the circles are drawn in the test color of green
>  >   instead of the black they are supposed to be.
[...]

http://www.tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2001-August/001446.html
http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~mjreed/tmp/index.html
and private mail with "Brian V. Smith" <xfigmail at epb1.lbl.gov>

> optimization which does not specify the color of any picture item, if
> it is black and all previous items have been black, too.
This "ordering" is quite sensitive. We had colours changing
if a (single) item was grouped in xfig, or if we changed its depth.
We had items explicitely labelled "black" change their color,
unless we used very dark grey (0.1,0.1,0.1)
This seemingly nondeterministic behaviour annoys users most,
everything else can be worked around. Oh, yes: You can always
edit the generated Postscript (honestly, quite readable!)...

> include the picture. We have used this (and therefore classified this
> as a feature) to include the same picture all black for a printed paper
Great feature indeed. I'd hate to see that go.

Yours,
Steffen

multipart/signed
  application/pgp-signature