[pdftex] TeX Live 7 install

Kester Clegg kester at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

"Jeffrey K. Bennighof" <jkb at vibes.ae.utexas.edu> writes:

> I recently installed nearly everything from the TeX Live 7 CD.  I would
> like to use pdftex, but I found it very difficult to figure out from the
> documentation exactly what I have to do to configure properly for pdftex.
>
> As root, I can run pdftex with no special configuration beyond including
> the bin directory in my path.  However, as a regular user in Solaris 7, I
> get a message that pdftex can't open pdftex.cfg.

I just installed TeX Live 7 on a Mandrake Linux machine and it worked
perfectly - just added the new path.

You could try copying the file to your working directory - if it still
doesn't run then you do have a set up problem.
k.

Kester Clegg 			Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Associate (UTC)	University of York, UK

Tel (01904) 43 27 49		email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk