[pdftex] Embedded pfb fonts

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

I added a lot of bitstream fonts to my tetex installation on Linux, i.e.
updated psfonts.map, pdftex.map, .fd, .vf etc files. I use a line like
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{bbb} to use a font (Aldine401BT). Everything
works fine, Acroread 4 displays correctly. But it does not print.
Ghostscript too doesn't display and shows an error. However Acroread 5
does both display and print. DVI->PS->PDF seems to work, but is rather
cumbersome.

When I don't use embedded fonts or only use standard PS fonts, there is
no problem at all.

--
Gérard Milmeister
Tannenrauchstr. 35