[pdftex] utils.c -- pool overflow when reporting pool overflow

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

Martin Schroeder writes:
> On 2001-11-12 18:33:55 +0100, Olaf Weber wrote:

>> I sort of fixed this by replacing pdftex_fail with the following code,
>> intended to do the same without requiring string allocation.  However,
>> perhaps there are better solutions?

> The solution I tried was to change check_buf to call overflow
> instead of pdftex_fail:
>     overflow("buffer overflow", buf_size)

> But I have no testcase for this and I'm not sure if calling
> overflow is the right thing there.

I picked this solution to ensure that pdftex_fail wouldn't run out of
buffer space which might prevent it from printing its error message.

A problem is that the check_buf macro doesn't provide any indication
of _which_ buffer overflowed...

--
Olaf Weber

[M]ost likely other e-mail programs like Eudora are not designed to enable
virus replication.
     -- http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/office/2001/virus_alert.asp#Faqs