[pdftex] portrait slides with fancyhdr and pdflscape

Steffen Neumann sneumann at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Sun Jun 1 17:13:37 CEST 2003

Hi,

I still have my problem with rotated foils under pdftex,
but now I can give some more details and a stripped down
example I'd like to get working.

First question is on foils.cls:
	without the dvips option there is no way
	to tell it to use different margins with rotatefoilhead ?
	Using dvips option does no harm, but results in
	"Non-PDF special ignored!" for each rotatefoilhead,
	which works fine with dvips and (as expected)
	no consequences for pdflatex

Second Question is on pdflscape:
	pdflscape rotates only the body of my page,
	so fancyhdr stuff is left unchanged.
	The fancybox package also has a LandScape
	environment, which rotates the whole page.
	Could this be incorporated into pdflscape ?

I tried to hack (with my limited latex knowledge)
most of the packages, tried others like geometry etc.,
to no avail. If the hacks worked at all,
they were usually interacting in bad ways :-(
Now I'd like to know in what order to tackle
which modification to what package, or try
a different combination etc.

Any help appreciated,
yours,
Steffen

\documentclass[a4paper, landscape, dvips]{foils}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}

\let\headwidth\textwidth  % or \renewcommand{\headwidth}{\textwidth}. This
                          % is necessary to track the changes to \textwidth
                          % into \headwidth. You can also change \headwidth
                          % when you go in/out the landscape mode.

\begin{document}
\foilhead{Landscape}
dvips: landscape slide on landscape paper\\
pdflatex: landscape margins on portrait paper

\rotatefoilhead{Portrait margins, no rotation\ldots}
dvips: Portrait slide rotated onto landscape paper\\
pdflatex: Portrait margins on portrait paper

\end{document}

Steffen Neumann <sneumann at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:

> Hi!
>
> We have a local package (a hack, so far...)
> that does corp. identity conforming slides.
> It works both with pdflatex and latex->ps2pdf,
> and besides screen presentations it should also handle
> "Plastic" transparencies. I'd like to be able to mix portrait
> and landscape slides (portrait will look foolish
> on a beamer, but that's the users problem).
[...]