[pdftex] Error Message: TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=150 0]

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 30 17:49:30 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:09:27PM +0200, Lengauer Markus wrote:

> I use GVim6.1 to write my Tex Files. After having no problems when
> performing the PDFLaTeX for several
> days, I got this error message today:
>
> "(7 aus 13) error: TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=1500]."
>
> It appeared, when I tried to switch from \documentclass{article} to
> \documentclass{report} .
>
> Any ideas?

* Delete auxiliary files after switching the document class
  and try again.
* Add \setcounter{errorcontextlines}{\maxdimen} for more
  verbose error messages. Especially endless loops can
  be detected more easily (one possible cause for overflow
  of input stack).
* Try to generate a minimal test file and post the whole error
  message with line number.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>