[pdftex] placement of pages and headings

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at relaxpc.com
Mon Jul 28 19:25:03 CEST 2003

I'm using pdftex to include some external documents in the appendix of
my dissertation (due Friday).  I think I'd like to include the pages
slightly smaller than full-size, or perhaps 2-up and have section
headings and/or text describing the pages.  Right now the headings are
on pages by themselves & the pdfpages are on following pages.

This is what I'm doing right now:

\def\mypdf#1#2{
  \ifpdf
  \includepdf[nup=1,
  frame=true,
  pagecommand={\thispagestyle{plain}},
%  pages={#2}
  fitpaper,
  ]{materials/#1}
  \else
  If this were a pdf document, page(s) #2 of #1 would be here, but
  you'll have to take my word.
  \fi
\vfill
}

Am I doing something stupid?

Thanks.

Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman at relaxpc.com
+1-415-821-7507 (H)                    +1-415-812-5047 (M)