[pdftex] Margin kerning and Lucida

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Jul 18 11:51:44 CEST 2003

On Thursday 17 July 2003 05:18 pm, Maarten Sneep wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has someone on this list experimented with character protrusion/margin
> kerning and the Lucida Bright fonts? If I understand things correctly,
> the protrusion factor depends on the font-shape, and Lucida is very
> different from Computer Modern, for which the factors I have are set up.
>
> Regards,
>
> Maarten Sneep

I thought the original protcode.tex was set up for Palatino. Well, no matter.
I get acceptable results with most typefaces using the original file,
including Palatino, Charter etc. If you spot an anomaly in the typeface you
are using it would be quite simple to change the parameters for that
character.
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters & Indexers