[pdftex] Why was TIF support removed?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jul 14 14:54:43 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 13:58, John Culleton wrote:

> Does that mean that those of us with straight CD drives will be unable to
> download a TeXLive iso image anymore?

no.  we are making a number of ISO images, some of which will fit on a
CD. Anyway, if you can mount an ISO image as a file system, you don't
mind how big the image is.

>  A better solution might be to take
> some of the contents (e.g., unusual fonts) and put them on a separate iso
> image.  Of course "unusual" lies in the eye of the beholder but I will never
> use anything but Western European languages.

I have been down this path many times in the last 8 years of texlive. it
is really really hard to work out what is "unusual"....!

> Otherwise, I may have to buy a DVD-capable drive just to use TeXLive. Bummer!

dont worry. the standard CD image contains all of TL, with all packages
zipped up and installable from there

sebastian