[pdftex] ucs.sty & others

Jean-Christophe Dubacq jean-christophe.dubacq at ens-lyon.org
Sun Jul 13 13:07:59 CEST 2003

Hi!

I would like to know if there is some enhanced method to get pdftex to
use a (ttf) unicode font in all its charsets (without defining a specific
encoding for each language). I can do this with latex (some problems
arise, tough, but none that I cannot fix) by using utf-8 encoding.

However, I can only have pdftex use the pk files generated by ttf2pk,
not the ttf directly.

Has anybody experimented with this ? I saw a thread about this in may
2001.

What I need precisely: most of my text is in French/English, but some
geographical names are in local languages (arabic, chinese, japanese,
georgian, armenian, russian, etc.) I did type them char-by-char (I wrote
another library that composed a pdf document containing all those names
directly, but it is not a formatting program).

Sincerly,
--
JCD