[pdftex] @nd Try, trruoble with hyperref when using unnumbered TOC entries

Lars Heineken Lars.Heineken at gmx.de
Fri Jul 11 07:57:14 CEST 2003

>>>\section*{Timeline}
>>>\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Timeline}
>>>
>>>Unfortunately the final pdf file's TOC is not correctly linked to these
>>>entries. The PDF viewer always jumps one line BENEATH the anchor.
>>>If I change the above line to:
>>>
>>>\section{Timeline}
>>>
>>>.. the viewer jumps to the correct position.
>>>

>>>PS: Adding phantomsections does not work and should not be neccessary
>>>when using section*{}
>>>

>>\cleardoublepage % or ensure that the following
>>                 % commands are on the same page
>>\phantomsection
>>\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{...}
>>\section*{...}
>>

>does the ordinary technique for getting unnumbered sections to appear
>in the toc
>  http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?keyword=unnumbered
>also produce the required effect?

No, it results in exactly the same strange behaviour as:

\section*{Timeline}
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Timeline}

The Link will be one line to far.

Regards,

Lars.

PS: I'm slowly loosing interest in unumbered items, it seems like they screw up the section names inside the headers created by \fancyhdr.
Additionally the \printindex command creates a page without headers no matter what I try.