[pdftex] @nd Try, trruoble with hyperref when using unnumbered TOC entries

Lars Heineken Lars.Heineken at gmx.de
Thu Jul 10 13:48:40 CEST 2003

Hi Folks !

Attached is a tex file to be processed by pdflatex that shows a very
strange behaviour. The sections and subsections are implemented using:

\section*{Timeline}
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Timeline}

Unfortunately the final pdf file's TOC is not correctly linked to these
entries. The PDF viewer always jumps one line BENEATH the anchor.
If I change the above line to:

\section{Timeline}

.. the viewer jumps to the correct position.

Any ideas what I could to as a workaround ?

Regards,

Lars.

PS: Adding phantomsections does not work and should not be neccessary
when using section*{}

PPS: I send this mail twice because the first one did not appear on the
mailing list after submitting. I apologies if it should end up double
posted.

\documentclass[12pt,oneside,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{colortbl}

\usepackage[pdftex=true, colorlinks=true, linkcolor=black, urlcolor=red]{hyperref}
\hypersetup{
 pdfauthor         = {Lars Heineken},
 pdftitle          = {Report 2nd Industrial Attachement},
 pdfsubject        = {Industrial Attachement at Panasonic Singapore},
 pdfkeywords       = {Attachement, Arithmetic Coding, CABAC, 26l},
 bookmarksnumbered = {true}
}

\addtolength{\headheight}{3pt}

\begin{document}

\tableofcontents
\newpage

\section*{Timeline}
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Timeline}

\subsection*{Target Timeline}
\addcontentsline{toc}{subsection}{Target Timeline}

  \begin{tabular}{|r|c|c|c|}
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
  \end{tabular}

\subsection*{Actual Timeline}
\addcontentsline{toc}{subsection}{Actual Timeline}

  \begin{tabular}{|r|c|c|c|}
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
   Weeks:                    & 1 & 2 & 3 \\
   \hline
  \end{tabular}

\subsection*{Reasons For The Change}
\addcontentsline{toc}{subsection}{Reasons for the Changes}
\begin{itemize}
 \item The I-frame support took more time then expected due to the very complex nature of the decoder.
 \item P-frame support was expected to be almost as time consuming as the I-frame support but turned
       out to be a lot less complicated.
 \item Four weeks for the documentation were not enough as all the documents had to be
       written in English and included the verification of the decoder output with the reference
       decoder, which took quite a long time dispite the fact that it was automated.
\end{itemize}

\clearpage

\end{document}