[pdftex] TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [number of destination names=20000]

Leonard mckinley spam_schild at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 06:30:22 CET 2003

    "TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [number of destination names=20000]"

I'm getting this error running pdflatex on some doxygen generated
source.  How do I increase this limit?

BACKGROUND:

So far, I've made the following texmf.cnf changes:
     extra_mem_top.pdflatex = 1000000
     extra_mem_bot.pdflatex = 1000000
     hash_extra.pdflatex = 50000
     pool_size.pdflatex = 1250000
     max_strings.pdflatex = 150000
     save_size.pdflatex = 40000

I found reference on this list to these settings:
     obj_tab_size = 200000    % PDF objects
     dest_names_size = 300000 % destinations

but they don't have any affect with the latest teTeX version I could
find, which is what I'm running:

teTeX-src-1.0.7.tar.gz   (4/30/00)
teTeX-texmf-1.0.2.tar.gz (3/13/00)

Any tips?