[pdftex] Image downsampling

Gunther H. Weber ghweber at ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 27 18:06:08 CET 2003

Hi,

I want to submit a document to a publisher who states concerning PDF
creation:

--- begin quote ---
'pdftex' and 'pdflatex' (and its variants) can be used only if the
author can make certain that all typefaces are embedded and images are
not downsampled or subsampled during the PDF creation process.
--- end quote ---

I found instruction on how to ensure that all fonts are embedded in the
mailing list archive:

[pdftex] How to force inclusion of ALL fonts in produced .pdf?
Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
19 Jul 2002 01:34:32 +0200

So the remaining question is: Does pdftex subsample/downsample the
bitmap images it includes? If yes, is there a way to turn this of?

Thank you for any help
    Gunther