[pdftex] mathpple-a-like for ConTeXt?

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Thu Feb 20 23:56:37 CET 2003

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>:

> At 05:31 PM 2/20/2003 +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> >Is there something like mathpple ("fake" math font setup with
> >Palatino) for ConTeXt?
>
> if you have tex live installed, you have real palatino math:

That sounds great!

However, I've had problems combining ConTeXt with cygwin in the past
(much of which I guess is attributable to a faulty perl), so at the
moment I'm using Gentoo Linux, which, I believe, uses tetex. Does
that, too, include palatino math?

> \usetypescript[berry][ec]
> \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino]

I guess I'm just too green with ConTeXt, but I can't get this to
work... Must i call \usetypescriptfile[somethingorother] first?
(Actually, I get "undefined control sequence"...)

> so, why go for some fake?

Indeed...

--
Magnus Lie Hetland               "Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist."
http://hetland.org                                   -- Indiana Jones