[pdftex] Bug in 1.10a: \pdfximage with pdf file and width

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Mon Feb 10 11:11:20 CET 2003

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 07:03:46PM +0100, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 04:37:38AM +0100, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
>
> > pdf files are not correctly embedded, they are not scaled,
> > if width is given explicitly in opposite to former behaviour
> > and other file types.
> [...]
> The scenario is not complete, the bug is triggered, if "pk_resolution"
> is missing in the configuration file "pdftex.cfg".

No, it has nothing to do pk_resolution, but with an unset
decimal_digits. The default is then zero.

With "decimal_digits 3":

% page of png case
468 0 0 662.279 72 107.611 cm
/Im1 Do

% page of pdf case
0.787 0 0 0.787 72 107.611 cm
/Im2 Do

0.787 rounded to zero decimal digits yields 1 (unscaled).

Thus I suggest a larger default value for decimal_digits
(at least 2, better 3 or 4).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>